Tuesday, January 29, 2013

A MYSTERIOUS GOODLUCK: AN OPEN LETTER TO HIS EXCELLENCY AT 55!

On behalf of my fellow Nigerians and foreign well-wishers, may I wish you a happy birthday as you add another year. Also, may I use this opportunity to commiserate with you and your family on the demise of your brother, Meni, who died yesterday in a clinic there in Abuja. Together with the lives of many other Nigerians that we’ve lost to Kidnapping, Boko Haram, Famine, Flood, et al; I seek upon their souls the forgiveness and mercy of the Almighty.

My first physical encounter with you was in 2010, prior to the 2011 General Elections, at the ‘My Friends and I’ occasion held at Eko Hotel and Suites, where I came in company of my friends to hear from our Facebook President. Even when I know the occasion was organized as a pro-presidency campaign, and that I sure knew I wouldn’t be voting for you, the occasion provided me the avenue to meet a young brilliant lady whom I have developed an affectionate and career-focused relationship with over time. If at least that’s all I benefited from attending your occasion, I bet it worth the memory. And with a grateful heart, I tender an appreciation for uniting my admirer and I somehow.

Forgive me if I am already carried away in the euphoria of recounting my love experience, after-all, you will agree with me that no matter how tough the heart of a warrior is, love at times can make it melt.

Yesterday, the world celebrated you but I never deem it neccessary to send you a farewell message. That shouldn’t be translated into we being enemies. No! Infact, we are very good friends because as your critic, you can be rest assured to see yourself better through me. And as a good friend, yesterday I wept for you because you are an inch closer to your grave, yet, you aren’t making efforts to lie peacefully in it someday. Those friends, families, and associates who laughed with you must either be after your birthday meals, money, fame, power, or connection. But as a naturally endowed and contented citizen, I am after none. All I want is to ensure you reconcile with your grave before the day it will remain your only companion.

I used to see you the way I now see Namadi Sambo- as a peaceful coward, sluggish and indecisive too. And of course I knew you can never be good to lead a war if anything happens to Umar Musa Yar’adua. As if I knew, something happened and see how bad Nigeria have suddenly become on the war field. Sadly, rather for the Northerners to provide you with an experienced General who can positively influence your thinking as a Companion, they gave you Namadi. Namadi? Namadi Sambo? Oh God!

In recent times, you’ve come open to proove to us that you are not only bad in leadership, but your public relation too is not only awkward, but zero. One time, you said you don’t give a damn about transparency. Few days ago again, you said you never promised to reduce poverty but to only create wealth. How on earth do you wish to achieve that? Sometimes, I swear, I find it hard to understand you that I wonder if it is a real President that often shows up to us or a clowned one. However, I have taken time to re-visit your ‘Declaration Speech’ that pronounced you as a Presidential Candidate in the 2011 Elections, and extracted some of your promises that are obviously short-comings. Finally, the effort is to wake you up to your responsibilities before time denies you.

In your Declaration Speech, below are some excerpts and what I have to say-

EXCERPT 1:

“I discovered that by sheer willpower, I could end the long queues and price fluctuation in our petrol stations. Today, all our refineries are working, saving us huge amounts of funds spent on importation of petroleum products.”

Why then did you still chose to remove the ‘non-existing’ petroleum subsidy when all refineries are working? And the long queues and price fluctuation have become worsen- do you made that out of sheer willpower too?

EXCERPT 2:

“We saw to it that normalcy began to return to the Niger-Delta by ensuring government’s fidelity to its promises, and this has helped to stabilize our national revenue.”

Today, has it actually stabilized our national revenue or financially enrich the pockets of Tompolo, Asari, and other Militants turned Hero as millions of dollars are being paid to these militants by your government annually.

EXCERPT 3:

“I targeted our educational system to return quality and competitiveness to them”

Mr. President, how poor you so forgot that WAEC recorded a huge failure under your rule in the year 2010 and 2011. Even 2012 isn’t better!

EXCERPT 4:

“I charged our anti-corruption agencies to speed up the war against corruption, and respect no sacred cows in the process.”

Liar! What major effort have you done to ensure justice melt on your political sponsor, Femi Otedola? Why have you kept mute and allow our useless Legislators clear Farouq Lawan of the bribery crime? Why are you still harbouring Doyin Okupe from justice? Why? Why?

EXCERPT 5:

“Let the word go out that our health sector will receive maximum priority in a new Jonathan administration, a priority that will ensure maximum health care and stop our brain drain.”

But you’ve failed enough that you even lacked the confidence in letting your wife remain in the country for treatment. Imagine what happened to your brother in the Abuja clinic!

EXCERPT 6:

“Let the ordinary Nigerian be assured that President Jonathan will have zero tolerance for corruption.”

But you don’t give a damn about asset declaration. More so, you detest transparency. You even claimed to warn late Umar not to declare his asset to the people he served. With the failed ‘Subsidy Probe’, and dismissed Ribadu’s Oil Reform Report, and your outrageously extravagant annual budgets over the years, please what’s your own definition of zero-tolerance for corruption?

You said, “We will fight for Justice!” But where is justice for the masses who have been extorted over the years? Liar!

You said, “We will fight for all Nigerians to have access to POWER!” But the fair times have become a memory since dry season set in. You lied!

You said, “We will fight for qualitative and competitive EDUCATION!” Obviously you lied for the qualitative- for the competitive, you are right because other lesser nations are now competing with us.

You said, “We will fight for HEALTH CARE REFORMS!” But why has Germany became Nigerian University Teaching Hospital? So you lied too!

You said, “We will create jobs for all Nigerians!” Yet few days ago, you confessed that you never promised to reduce poverty. Again, you lied!

You said, “We will fight Corruption!” Do we need a Committee on Research to show you lied here too?

You said, “We will fight to protect all Citizens!” Yet Boko Haram has killed hundreds of our people, excluding your family. Liar!

You said, “We will fight for your rights!” But ordinary justice you cant give to the common man. See, you lied too!

Why have you chosen to lie always? I learnt it hurts less to always say the truth, as for each lie you made, you must make up for it with another lie and so on. Once more, I appeal you change from your ways as we near our graves every other day. If your aides and families wont be sincere with you, it is my patriotic duty to aware you of the grave you are digging. After-all you said it that “every citizen must realize that government is too important to be left in the hands of politicians alone.”

Remember you also once said that “the resources of Nigerian belong to all Nigerians. You must watch over how the government spends the money belonging to you. You must be stakeholders not onlookers…” We promise to improve on our best to check your activities, even though your media dog, Reuben Abati, cant find a better set of words to describe us than “collective children of anger.”

Don’t reply me if you’ve not made up your mind to turn a new leave as I can`t bear another loads of lies…

Yours Patriot
Akolawole Shoremi
For: The Nigerian Masses.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?